how can the context menu work?

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Hallo,

I have installed the 01.02.01-DNN5 version, and I have used it in my container with following code:

<dnn:ACTIONS runat="server" id="dnnACTIONS" IncludeJs="True" CssFile="Context-Grey" IncludeCssFile="True" ContextMode="True" />

But it doesn't work. I can not get the context menu within the module.(I am using Firefox3.6 and IE8)

If i change the context mode to False then it works fine. Is there anything to pay attention to use the context menu?

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM

It might not been clear how the Context Menu works. The Menu is attached to the ContentPane (DIV) of the Container, the Area where the Content of the Module is displayed. To Open the Menu you have to Click With the Right Mouse Button. Outside the ContentPane you will see the Browser Default Context Menu

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Hi, Watcha,

thanks for your response.

Where should i put the skin object in my container? I have a very simple example container with the following code. Could you please point out where is my mistake? Thanks a lot!

<%@ Control language="vb" CodeBehind="~/admin/Containers/container.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Explicit="True" Inherits="DotNetNuke.UI.Containers.Container" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="ACTIONS" Src="~/DesktopModules/Watchersnet.Skinobjects.ModuleActionsMenu/ModuleActionsMenu.ascx" %>

<div class="Relative">
    <div id="ContentPane" runat="server"></div>
    <div class="AdminActions Absolute Left Top">
        <dnn:ACTIONS runat="server" id="dnnACTIONS" IncludeJs="True" CssFile="Context-Grey" IncludeCssFile="True" ContextMode="True" />
    </div>
</div>

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Edited Sep 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Ok the Problem is the TagName it must be MODULEACTIONSMENU

<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="MODULEACTIONSMENU" Src="~/DesktopModules/WatchersNET.SkinObjects.ModuleActionsMenu/ModuleActionsMenu.ascx" %>

<dnn:MODULEACTIONSMENU runat="server" id="dnnMODULEACTIONSMENU" />

It has to be placed in the Container.

Documentation is Updated

http://dnnmoduleactions.codeplex.com/documentation

Sep 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Cool!

Finally I got the context menu!

Thanks!