jQuery.noConflict()

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Great module - I was so relieved to get rid of that dropdown.  Unfortunately some of my scripts broke after installation.  

I think that the use of noconflict is the cause - Since dnn5 I've be using the $ shortcut for jQuery in my sites with no problems, but the skinobject's use of noconflict removes the $ reference to jQuery.  I can pass the $ to correct my scripts in the ready event:- jQuery(document).ready(function($){.....}), but I have at least one 3rd party plugin that breaks, YoxView.  This probably shouldn't break, but I wonder if the handling of noconflict in the skin object is really necessary in the skinobject, or if it's the best way to handle potential conflicts.  

I can modify the contextMenu plugin to remove the noflict stement there, but there is another occurence in the inline script that is inserted in the page, which I don't think I can modify.  

Any chance of a fix to remove the noConflict and pass in the $ shortcut in the ready event instead, which should achieve the same.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Yes you are right the noconflict is unnecessary,  i will remove it from the next version. Release soon.

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Fantastic, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the release!

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM

New Version is out now, without "jQuery.noConflict()"

http://dnnmoduleactions.codeplex.com/releases/view/60009

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Great stuff.  That works fine!!